Tuesday 7 May 2013

English 1

Assignment 1:  Writing Essay (compare and contrast about two traditional house )


Self Reflection :

                                                
discipline specific knowledge                  Life long learning

Going through the English writing assignment I have learned how to write and express myself, how to think for myself, and how to find the answers to the things that I don't know.

I had more understand my ability to write and express my ideas, thoughts and knowledge has grown stronger. I have always struggled to put my thoughts on paper in a manner that is coherent and correct according to assignments. Beside that, I learn to emphasis the exposure of  "organize your thoughts" or "provide more support and examples". Most importantly I have learned how important literature and language are.

Instead of writing a paper for my project in English 1,  I  had a great time and I learned so much more that we ever could have done from writing a paper. I had done some discover and research about compare and contrast of traditional house from library and online as well. The opportunity to do that showed me that there are so many ways that one can learn that are both fun and educational.

===========================================================

 English Oral Presentation ( The Famous Artists or Architect )

LEONARDO DA VINCI



Self Reflection:

                                         
Communication Skills                          Life long Learning

Through this video recorded presentation, I realized the importance of practice and preparation to improve the presentation skills included voice, body language, content and organization of the speech.

On the other hand, I saw the relationship between practice and preparation, self-confidence and body language and realized that these aspects are essential to performing well in oral presentation. The most important thing that I learnt is 'documenting my own process' in different stages, learning difficulties and problems and how to solve them. This helps me to reflect on my own learning, to make decisions about possible improvements in the future.

Nevertheless, thank you to our English lecturer for giving us support to achieve an awareness of our own strengths, with the aim of making us to become effective oral presenters.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment